by Lara Neel, Trade Marketing Manager
The theme for 2018’s Banned Books Week (which is next week!) is “Banning books silences stories. Speak out!”
There are lots of ways to get involved in Banned Books Week. Here are just a few:
- Read one (or more!) of the Top Ten Challenged Books of 2017.
- Follow @BannedBooksWeek on Twitter.
- Grab a list of resources to help spread the word. There are specific action items for librarians, educators, students, retailers, writers, artists, and event planners.
- Find local Banned Books Week events, like this full slate from the Kurt Vonnegut Museum and Library, or add yours to the list.
- Post a video of yourself reading from a banned book or talking about censorship.
There is more information about Banned Books Week here.