Do you have a poem in your pocket today? I’ll confess that the day snuck up on me. Fortunately, I have a number of poetry books close at hand.
I reached for Dear Wandering Wildebeest by Irene Latham, and after flipping through it, I settled on the final poem:
And if you prefer to listen to your poetry, you can hear to Irene read the poem here.
Want more? Check out some of our other wonderful poetry collections!
- The Alligator’s Smile: And Other Poems by Jane Yolen, with photos by Jason Stemple
- The “Can Be” books: A Leaf Can Be . . ., Water Can Be . . ., and A Rock Can Be . . . by Laura Purdie Salas, illus. Violeta Dabija
- Feeding the Flying Fanellis: And Other Poems from a Circus Chef by Kate Hosford, illus. Cosei Kawa
- The Poetry Adventures series by Brian P. Cleary
- A Spectacular Selection of Sea Critters by Betsy Franco, illus. Michael Wertz
- When the Sun Shines on Antarctica: And Other Poems about the Frozen Continent by Irene Latham, illus. Anna Wadham