Kids and adults alike can get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays that it’s nice to set aside some time to slow down and really soak in the season’s pleasures. Holiday reading is one of the best pleasures of the season that I know. Settle in with some favorite kiddos in your life for a little read-aloud time with the below holiday books from Lerner. For extra fun, fix some special Holiday Popcorn for the kids to munch on as you read. Here’s how you make it!
1. Gather a box of microwavable popcorn (the kind with little or no butter or salt works best), several bars of white chocolate, and a few bags of craisins.
2. Pop one to two bags of the popcorn—or more, if you’re reading to a lot of kids.
3. Melt enough white chocolate in the microwave to fully cover the popcorn. I suggest using the microwave at 20% power and microwaving in 15-second intervals until the chocolate is fully melted.
4. Immediately stir the popcorn into the melted chocolate, coating it evenly.
5. Spread the popcorn onto a sheet of waxed paper and let it cool.
6. Once the popcorn is fully cooled, toss it with the craisins in a bowl.
7. Prepare a separate bowl of the snack for each kiddo you’ll be reading to—and don’t forget to make a bowl for yourself!
Finally, cozy up with the popcorn and the books. If you’re doing this activity at home, you might want to have everyone change into their pajamas. It’s time to enjoy some Books and a Snack!