I love five-minute recipes, you guys. I’m talking cake in a mug. Mac and cheese in a cup. Microwave Mason jar pancakes. So when I discovered in the course of researching Ice Cream (cover pictured) that you could make ice cream in a bag? All I could say was shut the front door. This recipe is too good not to share. It’s also great for sharing with kids over the summer. Here’s what you do:
1. Get some ice, salt, 2% milk, vanilla, sugar, a gallon Ziploc bag, and a sandwich Ziploc bag.
2. Fill the gallon bag with ice and add 6 tablespoons of salt.
3. Put ½ cup of milk into the sandwich bag.
4. Add ¼ teaspoon of vanilla and 1 tablespoon of sugar to the sandwich bag.
5. Put the sandwich bag into the gallon bag. Make sure both bags are sealed tight.
6. Shake the bags. (This part is fun for kids!)
7. Take the sandwich bag out of the gallon bag. Lo and behold, it will contain ice cream. No joke. (I’d never joke about ice cream, people.)