It seems like I’ve done eReader device comparisons more than a couple of times in the past year. The landscape has changed so much since 2011 and with even more options looming on the horizon, how can a consumer know which device is right for them? Luckily for me, Smon Hill over at Digital Trends beat me to the punch this time. If you’re shopping for a new device, it’s definitely worth your while. Click here!
Now, for what you’ve all been waiting for: Web gems!
- B&N and Microsoft finalize partnership, creating Nook Media [gigaom]
- New easy-to-use iOS app works with library-owned e-books and eliminates need for browser-based downloads [TeleRead]
- Sandwich Caddy from a Milk Jug [Make]
- Meet the lake so polluted that spending an hour there would kill you [grist]
- The 2012 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine [boingboing]
- Education chief wants textbooks to go digital [AP via Boston.com]
- Do students behave better in a digital learning environment? [mlive]
- Meet Book Mountain, the Netherland’s new jaw-dropping public library [TeleRead]