The yellow school bus has been passing my driveway this week as I leave for the office. Facebook has been filled with first-day photos on front steps. Leaves are dropping from the trees. It all makes me a bit nostalgic for the rituals of back-to-school things. I find myself wanting a new pair of shoes, a fresh start to learning, and a stack of un-cracked spines. If you’re finding yourself in this mode as well, the line-up of our Fall 2012 offering might be a good place to start shopping. The new series we’ve put forth cover all kinds of fun topics as well as educational items.
For curricular coverage, these sets are already grabbing great reviews:
· First Step Nonfiction — Graph It! (4 new titles)
· First Step Nonfiction — Tools at Work (6 new titles)
· Start to Finish, Second Series: Food (6 new titles)
· Lightning Bolt Books™ — What Traits Are in Your Genes? (6 new titles)
· Searchlight Books™ — How Does Your Body Work? (6 new titles)
· It’s Just an Expression (8 new titles)
And for high interest areas, check out the following series:
· Great Outdoors Sports Zone (6 new titles)
· Pop Culture Bios: Super Singers (7 new titles, including One Direction!)
Happy new school year to everyone! May you find yourself listening, laughing, and learning in positive environments. And if you’re really lucky, may you find yourself with new books and new shoes.