Hey everybody. First things first; I caught some flack for not getting a post up last Tuesday so I want to apologize to you other four readers up front. I hope you can forgive me! Right now is the time of summer when all of my new iBooks and eBooks are ready to roll out to our distributors, and all that is in my way is a virtual ton of metadata spreadsheets. As the kind of person who likes checking things off lists, I find data entry tedious but oddly satisfying. Anyone else with me on that?
Since I know you want all of the new Lerner titles ASAP, I will post today’s internet goodies and then get back to work.
- For NASA Rover Team, Many Years of Work Paid Off [PBS News Hour]
- The Burning House is an interesting blog. “If your house was burning, what would you take with you? It’s a conflict between what’s practical, valuable and sentimental. What you would take reflects your interests, background and priorities. Think of it as an interview condensed into one question.”
- GadgeTell Tablet Roundup [TeleRead]
- A Coffee Cup You Can Eat [DesignTaxi]
- UNDERCITY is a short film that is part history lesson, part archeology expedition, and part shenanigans. It contains a small amount of adult language and a bunch of illegal trespassing, so I wouldn’t show it to kids. BUT it adventurously explores some really cool hidden NYC architecture that I found interesting.