Some interesting reads from the book and publishing world, and more.
- The 20 Most Beautiful Bookstores in the World “With Amazon slowly taking over the publishing world and bookstores closing left and right, things can sometimes seem a little grim for the brick and mortar booksellers of the world. After all, why would anyone leave the comfort of their couch to buy a book when with just a click of a button, they could have it delivered to their door? Well, here’s why: bookstores so beautiful they’re worth getting out of the house (or the country) to visit whether you need a new hardcover or not.”
- Pottermore will open to all in April Harry Potter eBooks to follow. Habeas corpus!
- Mike Shatzkin contemplates the DOJ’s impending lawsuit against the Agency Five (Hachette, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin, and Simon & Schuster) and Apple for collusion.
- eReaders, tablets, and phablets made the list of The five technologies that will transform homes of the future.
- Tom Connor at Ars Technica has posted Fffuuuuuuuuu: The Internet anthropologist’s field guide to “rage faces”. Me Gusta.
- Check out this neat video by Dustin Cohen entitled The Violin Maker.